Translate

Sunday 24 March 2013

Too many winters?

Well it's our 15th UK winter this year and it's almost too many........

Last year I made this for my husband
The label on the back says.....'A touch of the tropics to help you through the English winter'

Boy do we use it a lot these nights!!!!!

I don't think we would be so bothered if we were in the town and had a cheaper source of heating, but LPG is a ridiculous price so we don't have the heating on 24/7. We are surrounded by woods though, so are SERIOUSLY thinking about putting in a wood burner before the next big freeze......So glad we didn't move further up north when we arrived!

In Australia I found it very difficult to quilt all year round, so that's one thing the UK has going for it! Far too sweaty for hand quilting!!!  eeewww......too much detail.....

Well I'll make good use of this snowy weather and do some more hand quilting........

Bye for now

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment