Translate

Friday 29 March 2013

Learning the hard way!!!

Oh Blast! Oh Blast! could be heard repeatedly from my sewing room on Wednesday evening, as I was trying to finish this delightful shoulder bag/tote.......




I had already made one, using the same pattern I had designed a while ago, which looked like this.....

Can you see the difference????

The one with the pink flower ended with a band at the top. On the top bag I decided to add a frill before attaching the handles and lining.... BUT..... when you try to turn it all the right side out the frill sticks out horizontally because the seam allowance has been turned under with the handles. So how to fix??????
I had to put another band around the top of the frill bag so the seam allowance could remain upright! It's now 2" deeper but that's ok...more room for Easter eggs! Probably easy for all you seamstresses out there, but I really had to think that one through! I am now delighted with my shoulder bag tote.............!!!!

As a final note for today....I wish you all a Happy Easter! It's my favourite time of year, when I remember how much Jesus did to make me right with God; to give me a way to come back into a relationship with Him.......to show me how much I am loved, warts and all!!!!!

Have a great weekend, and don't forget, eating (dark) chocolate is actually good for us!!! Yay!

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment