Translate

Thursday 21 March 2013

Great find!

The sun is shining, daughters surgery is over and it's back to work!
I'm having fun at the moment 'upcycling' (or re-cycling, not sure which?)  with fabrics from the 1970's. If you are in to 'vintage' and go to any fairs, as I do with my daughter, sometimes you will see dresses using fabrics that you just adore, but then when you look closely you notice zips broken, seams coming adrift, fabric fraying......don't worry, buy it anyway......though haggle a bit to get the price down if it's in a really bad state.....and then once you have all that gorgeous fabric home 'upcycle' it into a cushion cover, a quilt, place mats, anything you can think of to make use of as much of the fabric as you can.......it's great fun!
Here's a few 1970's scraps I found the other day...... The yellow floral I have made into 2 1/2" squares and added some Liberty Tana Lawn and it's in the process of being made into a quilt......

The smaller scraps I'll be making into notebook covers, elasticated hair bands, brooches and adding a few embellishments to a shirt or two..... Got any other ideas? I'd love to hear about them......

Back to work

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment