Translate

Thursday 21 February 2013

A 'Double Friendship Star' block

Today it's back to winter again with a temperature of 1 degree.....it's freezing in my sewing room so I'm trying to forget about the cold and focus on a new block pattern with a little twist.

Check it out.....


It's a block called 'Double Friendship Star' but I've changed the centre block from a white square to a scene that I've fussy cut from an off-cut of Feedsack fabric.

This is such a great block pattern as it was originally done in a homespun where I have placed a floral....so I think I might even try the homespun idea next.

This one will become another babies quilt I think..............

I love looking at the fabric I get in and trying to visualise what it might become...sometimes my ideas work, sometimes they don't. Like the other day I designed a flannel quilt and got very clever cutting squares in half and putting the 2 rectangles together next to the uncut square, but I forgotten that you can't have 2 8 inch squares and then cut one in half and once sewn back together expect it to fit with the other uncut square ........such a silly mistake; I had forgotten I needed more fabric for the seam allowance!!!

My sewing room becomes a tangle of UFO's (un finished objects!)


I'm excited to be adding loads of fat quarters to my website today. Also some discontinued fabric fat quarters on my ebay site....it feels good to be able to see at least one shelf in my sewing room again!

well it's busy, busy, busy.....hmmmm cup of tea first I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment