Translate

Friday 22 February 2013

Oh for goodness sake, SNOW already!!!!!

Back home after a morning shopping....I wondered around watching tiny flakes of snow like cherry blossom floating in every direction as the wind blew....very pretty, but when you know the weather forecaster has said snow today, I get to the feeling by midday of wanting to yell....'oh for goodness sake SNOW already!!!!' If you're coming then come, get it over with......Maybe I'm not the most patient person in the world......dya think!

Anyway, exciting news....I have a HUGE order winging it's way from the US of 1930's reproduction Feedsack prints that I can't wait to unveil. I'm so keen to show you all  that I'll be sewing like mad for a few months I think.
I once made a 'Turning Twenty' quilt, actually it's the photo my brother took in front of their fireplace on my 'History of Feedsack and Homespun page' of my website, and the first comment a lady made when she saw it was 'now that's real patchwork'......that's how I feel when I look at these tiny prints from yesteryear. I think the history of fabrics somehow stops my quilts being just 'sewing' to capturing a moment of time, so many years ago and bringing it into today with the same feel. We all seem to be looking for that 'vintage feel' and I think I have found it in 1930's Feedsack fabrics. Here is a photo of some of my collection..........




Well it's back to the sewing machine. I hope you are enjoying my blog, I would love to hear what your favourite fabrics are and why.
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment