Translate

Thursday 30 May 2013

Hats Off!!!!!

Hats off to all you creative crafty ladies who not only run homes, find time to be creative and also run a blog.....you are amazing!

I have been so busy that I haven't written for weeks.....sigh.....

I have been working very hard making items for the next Writtle Food and Craft Market on 29th June. I'm also working towards another Fete on the last August bank holiday weekend so there's lots to do.

Last Saturday myself and some ladies at our church spent the day from 10am-3pm making dresses for orphaned girls in Nepal...we had no pattern!!! The girls have one dress to their names and it is worn everyday. We made floaty, Sunday best dresses which were like this:
I'm not too keen on this colour arrangement, it was another ladies choice, but I offered to bring it home to put the velvet ribbon on the hem. We made some lovely ones in pinks and some in blues. I made my 3 tiers of frills very full, as having had a little girl myself I am sure that the little girl who receives it will 'twirl' in delight!

I'm really thankful for my sewing skills and was over the moon the other day when my 26 year old daughter finally asked 'mum, will you teach me how to sew!'
I learnt from a very early age through my school needlework classes. My mum didn't sew, but she was an excellent knitter. I wouldn't be without this skill now, especially when I have to alter so many clothes due to my short arms and legs!!!!!

There seems to be a great deal of interest in many crafts these days, so here's hoping all women will be able to learn something, even if it's only how to sew on a button......seems crazy doesn't it.... but I have a friend who didn't know how to do that until recently......

We haven't had one of these for a while.....

A Household Hint from days gone by:


Keep cotton reels tidy in the work basket by threading them onto a knitting needle and fixing a cork on the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment