Translate

Thursday 29 August 2013

Almost Over!

A few of my new jugs!
Well the school holidays are almost over....the summer will soon come to an end and we will be pulling out those winter woollies once again. How do you feel about that?

Some days I don't like the thought, but then I start thinking about all the days I will have to sew and I pick up a little. Coming from Australia I didn't think I would be able to abide the cold, but when it's reward is hours of quilting it ain't so bad!!!

This summer has been so enjoyable. We spent 3 weeks at my dad's place in Normandy. Apart from gardening and visiting various beauty spots (and eating loads of cakes, galettes and crepes!) I enjoyed going round a fair, an antique shop, a charity shop and a huge Brocante (second hand/junk shop!) I found so many treasures lurking in the dust and can't wait to create something 'up-cycled' with them. I also went mad and bought 7 jugs of various sizes!!!!! I think I've found another hobby!

Medieval town of Fougeres

Medieval town of Domfront. They just happened to have a Medieval Fair on while we were there!

A fantastic creperie in Bayeaux....I had crepe suzette for the first time......YUM!!!!



New things will be appearing on my website all the time as my thinking about what I will sell 'evolves'! I had a great deal of success at the St Giles Flower and craft Festival and am already looking forward to the Hylands School Christmas Fair at the end of November.

I hope you have had a lovely August and are looking forward to the rest of the year. All my best wishes to your children who are starting a new year and especially for those who are starting in high school.....I remember it being a very scary time!!!!!

Cya

Nic x

2 comments:

  1. I love china jugs too....... can't resist if they are the right price! Emily of Nantglyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some gorgeous ones in vintage and charity shops around here. The ones from France were only 1 and 2 euros!!!

    ReplyDelete